Chemical Root Treatment
Safe chemicals can be used to inhibit the growth of roots once they have been removed from your drains. You can either use a do-it-yourself product or have one of our trained technicians provide the service. Trees and shrubs immediately above ground are not harmed.
VAPOROOTER is a combination of herbicides of a foam consistency, which eliminates roots and prevents the further destruction of sewer pipes caused by tree roots.
It has two different application methods:
- FOAM-FILLED PIPE - fills the air space above the sewage flow where roots grow. Generally this method is used for smaller lines. The foam-filling method allows for some treatment of lateral lines in the process.
- FOAM-COATED PIPES - patented application method is designed for the internal sewer walls of smaller lines which have light root intrusions. It can also be used to coat larger diameter lines that are too closely to treat any other way.
Benefits of Vaporooter
- Extends the life of collection systems.
- Saves budget dollars.
- Simplifies management tasks by reducing emergency calls.
- Increases crew productivity.
- Reduces blockages in the mains and service laterals, reducing citizen complaints and liability for sewer back-ups into homes.
- Inhibits root regrowth for an average of three years.
- Reduces infiltration, which causes treatment plant overloading.
- Trees and shrubs are unharmed.